SET265 Project Management and Advanced Research
Research Project Journal Entry Two
Student’s name: Will Humphrey
Title of project: A Visual Mapping of a Contemporary Novel
Period covered by this form: Contemporary Literature
Aims and Objectives for the project:
- Create a visual map of a contemporary novel using off-the-shelf digital software.
- Create a project which combines visual presentation, literary texts and the digital humanities.
- To showcase my analysis of a literary text such as a novel in a different format from the academic essay.
- I want to create project which will be able to be sustained and used after my project has finished.
Specific tasks and goals for the period covered:
- Create a visual mapping of the events, thematic elements and episodes from a novel.
- Make it open for the public to able to contribute additional information or tags.
- Create a project which is accessible and understandable for anyone not just literature academics and scholars.
Were targets met? If not, please provide details:
- Not yet as I am still in the research stages of discovering a suitable off-the-shelf software to use.
- Not as yet as like the off-the-shelf software I am still researching a suitable novel to visually map.
- Research what off-the-shelf software is available and accessible in order to create my project.
- Research and read a suitable novel which I could visually map out showing the events, episodes and thematic elements.